It seems as if lately the only art I’m practicing is the art of procrastination.
There’s no art in going about your daily life and telling yourself you don’t have time to write. The art is in pursuing other activities to keep from going about your daily life and telling yourself you don’t have time to write.
Thus far in my procrastination, I have:
- Read several books about writing.
- Invited a dozen authors to guest host my blog.
- Left comments at a couple of online writing forums.
- Joined a writing discussion group.
- Entered a writing contest even though I said I would never enter another one.
- Researched book marketing .
- Signed up for Facebook, MySpace, and Shelfari. Wandered around the sites trying to figure out what to do with them (still have no clue). If you belong to any of these sites, please add me as a friend so I can procrastinate more!
- Published an article about What Your Car Color Means on Squidoo.
- Played around with the color customizer for my wordpress theme.
- Started another blog.
It would probably be easier just to sit down and write the novel, but where’s the art in that?