We’re having a contest to celebrate the launch of Sherrie Hansen’s latest novel, Stormy Weather! All you have to do to be eligible to win is to answer the questions below (which will also help you to get to know her a little better). One lucky winner will receive a book about stormy weather – and of course, the rainbows after the storms – illustrated with photos she’s taken herself. All you have to do is answer the questions in an email and send the answers to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do NOT post your answers here so as not to spoil the fun for others. You can find more information about Sherrie Hansen or her new book (Stormy Weather) at www.SecondWindPublishing.com or her website, www.BlueBelleBooks.com. Good luck!
1. Sherrie worries about her sex scenes being too steamy because she:
A. is an old-fashioned girl at heart.
B. is married to a pastor and is afraid of what the church ladies will say.
C. has Baptist relatives who frown upon such things.
D. All of the above.
E. None of the above. Why worry? Be happy.
2. Sherrie’s response to the question, “Have any of the scenes in your books really happened?” would most likely be:
A. “Yes, but I’ll never tell which ones.”
B. “My books are works of fiction in their entirety. Any similarities to real people, situations, or events are purely coincidental.”
C. “Of course not. If I really had gone skinny-dipping, do you think I’d actually tell anyone about it?”
D. All of the above – depends on whether or not her mother is in the room.
3. Sherrie has lived in all of the following places except:
A. Bar Harbor, Maine
B. Lawton, Oklahoma
C. Colorado Springs, Colorado
D. Albert Lea, Minnesota
E. Wheaton, Illinois
F. Augsburg, Germany
4. When traveling to castles in Scotland, the beach in California, and a cabin in northern Minnesota, Sherrie takes along __________ so she can write whenever the mood hits her.
A. her AlphaSmart
B. a moleskin journal given to her by a dear friend
C. a plain steno notepad and a sharp pencil
D. a cute notepad with cherubs on top and a quill pen
E. a state of the art MacBook Pro.
5. Sherrie belongs to a great writing / critique group called:
A. Susan Elizabeth Phillips’ Alpha Writers.
B. just Cherry Writers. (formerly known as Jenny’s Cherry Writers)
C. Romance Writer’s of America Elite Critique Group.
D. Very Berry Writers.
E. Juicy Romance Novelists, Inc.
F. The Rainbow Connection at gather.com
6. Sherrie can hardly wait until the next book in the __________ series comes out.
A. Diana Gabaldon Outlander
B. J.K. Rowling Harry Potter
C. Debbie Macomber Blossom Street
D. Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum
E. Sue Grafton Alphabet
7. Sherrie has read every book ever written by all of the following authors except:
A. LaVyrle Spencer
B. Jennifer Crusie
C. Sandra Brown
D. Pamela Morsi
E. Jill Marie Landis
F. Susan Elizabeth Phillips
8. In addition to writing, Sherrie keeps busy doing all of the following except:
A. playing the piano at church.
B. running a bed and breakfast and tea house, the Blue Belle Inn.
C. fishing at her cabin on the lake.
D. taking her two young nieces on weekly adventures .
E. planning her next European vacation.
F. watching the latest episode of Big Break on the Golf Channel.
9. Night and Day, the title of Sherrie’s first book, refers to:
A. Midnight in Milwaukee and Daybreak in Delaware.
B. a romance between a night watchman and the host of an early morning talk show whose paths cross for a few seconds each morning.
C. Midnight in Minnesota and Daybreak in Denmark.
D. a romantic dance to Frank Sinatra’s hit song, “Night and Day”.
E. Midnight in Manhattan and Daybreak in New Delhi.
10. In Stormy Weather, Sherrie’s new release, one of the main characters is:
A. a well-known meteorologist.
B. a reckless storm chaser who fears nothing.
C. terrified of tornadoes.
D. haunted by childhood memories of a blizzard that claimed the life of her mother and father.
E. a cute young weathergirl who does the evening news for the local television station.