With Turkey Day just a few days away, I’m compelled to write about gratitude today. Many people wait until this time of year to think or talk about what they’re grateful for, and I used to be one of them. But a couple of years ago, I learned the secret to happiness was through constant gratitude, both for things I already had as well as for things I wanted to have. Boy, what a difference that has made in my life.
Ya know that feeling you get around the holidays when you’re thinking about what you’re thankful for? Well, I embrace that feeing year-round. Every day, I carve out time to reflect on, and say aloud, all the things I’m grateful for. I start with myself, and then circle out to friends, family, and things. And if there is something I want from my life, I express thanks for that as if I already have it. It’s quite astounding how things have manifested in my life as a result of this practice.
So what are you thankful for? I’ll get the ball rolling…
1) I’m thankful for my husband…he’s so wonderful and loving…and he’s my very best friend!
2) Our soon-to-be-born little girl…even though she has me blogging at 5 o’clock in the morning!
3) Our fur baby Dr. Snuggle, who is keeping me company at 5 o’clock in the morning. He is so sweet and precious, and I will always think of him as my first born
4) Second Wind for taking a chance on me and my manuscript!
5) My critique partners. They are more than just crit partners…they are my friends. They are there for me during writing crises and life crises alike. I’m not sure what I would do without them
There are, of course, so many other things to be thankful for, but there’s no need for me to ramble on 🙂 I’d love to hear what’s got you grateful this Thanksgiving season!
Jerrica Knight-Catania is the author of A Gentleman Never Tells, soon to be published by Second Wind Publishing.